piatok 31. marca 2017

POLYFAMOUS interview (APRIL 2012)

Polyfamous is talented Jamaican dancehall singjay living and working in capital Kingston city, JA. He has released serious big tunez fi several producents in Jamaica but also abroad, featured with artist like Jaggy D, Gyptian. Polyfamous active records new hits on various riddims, also run his own dubservice agency and of course himself records big dubplates for sounds and dj from all corners of the world..

Greetings, the first question I would like to ask you, is about your nickname, can you tell us why Polyfamous?
When I was younger in my teenage (maybe 13th) there was a man with name "polyyfemus" an old rasta man and he used to sell some high grade weed , in the area white hall ave kingston 8 .I used to go buy the weed from him for a man name Benji  and its because I went there so many times they started to call me polyfemus at first,  but after while I am in music business I changed the name to Polyfamous  because I told my self I am going to be famous one day.

Probably yuh dont like talking about your private personal life as many artists dont, but can you tell us how does your obvious day look like?
Well every day is just music still always trying to make some music, eno write some new song or from studio to studio its evryday thing for me.

You come from Kingston town, am I right? How can you describe living there and what it brought to your life?Can you imagine living abroad, far from Jamaica?
I describe Jamaica as the blessed land, the place where there is summer all year I call it the summer land the foundation for the music. Well the world is wonderful place and I would love to see it but me have to be a ywaad still, eno because the vibes deh a yawwd,  but no one knows what tomorrow may bring still eno.

How did Jamaican music business changed during last years since you are in the business?Does the things like arresting, shooting and murderers of artists/producents influence business somehow?
Well the bus changes every year . Sometimes possitive, sometimes nagative but when the artise them is all these problem its not a good thing for the music or Jamaica, because the people look down at us . Remember the music should be a message and an upliftment for the peolple, so when things like these happen the youths go atray thinking is right when its wrong. Who is going to show them the way, when the media and the artise them look to for infomation.

Let mi ask you now about your music I already know that you write you own lyrics what is quite rare nowadays, where you get an inspiration fe your lyrics??
Well my inspiration comes from everyday livity interacting with people, but most of all they come from my kidz they are the one that make me have to try and do the right thing.

Can you tell us why you have quite a lot of tunez about love? Is love very important fe you?
Love is the answer for the world to unite . I love to sing about love because I love the ladies and I have to tell them and show them. A good bredaa Berres Hamond told me that if I am singing I should sing mostly about love, but I think its a universial thing eno.

You have such a great featuring tunez with several artists like Jaggy D,Gyptian, Anthony B. Are there any artists, who would you like to cooperate with on next tunez? Which are your favourite jamaican artists or bands, who you would like to advise to promoters abroad?
For my next combination I would like to do with artise like Turbulance , Luciano, Movado, Konshens, Ioctaine, Khago ect all of them is my bredda I have to choose who next but it will be a boooooooooom fi real

POLYFAMOUS & GYPTIAN

What about your release for french production Roots Survival, can you tell us about work between you and Damalistik?
Dama hahaha a di real big man a long time me know Dama is like me bredda from another mother. I like working with Dama because him take him things serious just like me I take music very serious, when it comes to doing the work roots survival lable produce songs like nothing, e.g. ft. jaggy d and its amazing ft.gyptian some lovely songs if you ask me and some more to come, so look out massive more nice songs on Roots survival label. Big respect to Damalistik large up yourself!

How you think should soundsystems, djs and promoters from Europe nowadays support young jamaican newcomers inna musical business, what kind of help can work di best?
Well if they can play them songs anytime they can ok give some one it to play on the radio. You can mek dem do jinlges and dub for promote and pics too and if they can, even try to keep some promo shows too or they can just mix dem with the big artise when them coming there eno ect., but the artise have to work and what to be some where if him no want it, then it not go work.So both parties have to be thinking the same way eno.

From your point of view what is better promotion for artists recording loads of dubplates or releasing LP with big tour?
Well lp is better to me cause its more than one song to represent you along with the tour so people know you have the goods them want so you have a package, yeah man lp better.

I know that your recording dubplates with lots of other Jamaican artists too fi sounds and djs.Do you have dubplate service?
yes i have dubsurvice ."DUBS FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF LIGHT WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

What have you learned from being inna music business after those years?Are there any tings that new artist inna music business should be beware of doing?
Me tell all new artiste seh dont sit down waiting on someone to help you, go out and shine let them see you, show the talent and dont be afraid. Courage is very important and believe in yourself, do you?

Which countries have you visited and which of those places/festivals yuh have visited you like the best and why? When we can look forward to your European tour ? What are your plans for 2012?
Well I have been to France , Spain , and some other place in Europe ,doing a lot work so hope this year will be a good for me just want the massive to call me in Europe cause me love them and cant wait to come do some big work . Big up all massive ,czech crew , Portugal, Poland ,Slovakia ,France crew ,Switzerland crew, Brazil, Spain , Galanta crew, and Poprad crew too all crew bless one love rastafari bless.
  

The last question is about music which you are listening the most these days and of course you have here an opportunity to write a message to readers of this interview. I thank you very much fe your time and music. Bless
Well i love dancehall but my heart is reggae seen,  yes I ya give thanks, more love and properity.

Contact POLYFAMOUS: facebook.com/poly.fame


Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára